“He who wants to persuade should put his trust not in the right argument, but in the right word. The power of sound has always been greater than the power of sense.”
– Joseph Conrad
That is one of the golden rules every student/young writer should memorize to carry out meaningful, powerful persuasive papers. The initial step to success is choosing the most interesting persuasive essay topics. To choose which subject you are going to discuss, it is necessary to view the full list of good persuasive speech topics from the particular field of study.
GET YOUR PERFECT RERSUASIVE ESSAY NOW
Dedicate a few minutes to looking through this article. It contains a number of the good persuasive speech topics high school & college teachers tend to assign. Do you have any questions left? A professional online writing service is willing to help every student who has problems with meeting the deadlines or writing argumentative papers.
Why Would a Student Need a List of the Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics?
What if I tell you that by reading this article every student will learn more about how to pick interesting persuasive essay topics and receive A+. Isn’t it a goal of each school/college student? Having more than 100 good persuasive essay topics is never enough without several supportive skills:
- Reading & Comprehension
- Research & Analysis
- Critical Thinking
The initial step to success is still selecting the subject to write about and acknowledging the opposing arguments.
Another great idea is to get some free essay examples of different types and on various subjects to get an overall idea of how a successful debatable paper looks.
The rest of the skills are gained during the elementary & middle school education. The teachers do not always assign the particular topic. Many students get stuck at the stage of choosing the subject; they fail the mission by being late.
It sounds like enough reasons to read the proposed article, which contains more than 100 interesting persuasive essay topics and valuable writing tips. Have I persuaded you to go on reading? It is the brilliant example of persuasive writing!
7 Tickets to a Winning Persuasive Essay
Take a stand: The golden rule of persuasive writing number one. Forget about the wishy-washy declarations in this type of academic writing: avoid generalizations like “Gender Studies as a school subject has its advantages & disadvantages.” A student must take a specific position (example: “Gender Studies is a useless, discriminative subject that must be removed from the high school/college curriculum.”
Check whether you have enough evidence to support the main argument (thesis statement). Conduct an in-depth research sitting in front of your computer or a school/college library. Apply both primary & secondary sources to collect different points of view, shocking facts, and impressive statistics.
“If you don’t know what you want to achieve in your presentation your audience never will.”
– Harvey Diamond
Decide on the target audience. Harvey is not the one to prove the significant role of the target reading/listening audience in the persuasive essay writing.
Out of the list of good persuasive speech topics, make a shorter list specifying the ideas you are familiar with and possess enough evidence to support your argument. The writer’s position must make sense (example: instead of claiming that murder is bad, state that a death penalty is not the most effective punishment and it will not stop serial killers fro what they do.)
Follow the accepted academic paper structure: introduction, 3-5 body paragraphs (one argument per each), conclusion, and Bibliography/References page.
Define the purpose. Are you trying to introduce an unpopular view on the subject of matter or are you writing to prove your position is right? The tone/voice of the final paper depends on these factors.
Add something more than evidence. Write your paper on one of the interesting persuasive essay topics based on the collected evidence, but do not forget to include other supporting elements such as examples & meaningful explanations. It would be great to write about things the writer has faced in his life.
GET YOUR PERSUASIVE ESSAY HERE
Enjoy 103 Good Persuasive Speech Topics: Make Your Choice Wisely!
Are you waiting impatiently to view the recommended list of good persuasive speech topics? We have divided 100+ cool persuasive topics into separate categories to make it simpler to choose the subject based on the student’s specialization.
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Girls and boys can play in the same games teams
- Every professional athlete must pass the drug test before the contest
- What is the role of sports day in educational life?
- Are athletes better role models than rock stars?
- High school & college sportsmen should be paid
- Extreme kinds of sports must be banned for children
- The scandals may ruin the Olympic Games
- David Beckham is an overrated football player
- Swimming is the safest and healthiest type of sports
- The role of Physical Education in modern schools is underestimated
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- Schools should make the classes shorter and more frequent
- It is important to decrease the amount of homework (get inspired)
- Why do parents deserve a greater impact on education?
- Which subject can be excluded from the high school program?
- Teachers deserve shorter holidays
- Students need longer holidays
- Gender Studies is a discriminative subject
- Should students be rewarded for the high test scores?
- Is there a way to punish school bullying effectively?
- Should schools abolish examinations?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Animals
- Why protecting a Giant Panda is critical?
- Zoos are worse than human prisons
- A zoo is much better than a jail
- Foxes should be bred into the home pets
- What is the least dangerous animal on the planet?
- The influence of wild animals on nature
- Hunting for sport is an acceptable pastime
- They should make hunting illegal
- No one has a right to keep wild-caught exotic animals against their will
- People should stop wearing fur & leather clothing
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Pros and cons of wearing a school uniform
- The problem of hate crime in schools
- Our society is no longer male-dominated
- Does modern TV impinge on the adolescent’s intellect?
- Global Warming: myth or truth?
- The ethical & moral aspects of cloning
- Abortions should be illegal
- Death sentence is an acceptable punishing measure
- Companies must start paying paternity leave to fathers
- Should various communication devices be allowed during the examinations?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Music
- Percussionists cannot be called professional musicians
- It is time to make music literacy a mandatory element of high school/college curricula
- Are school students better off studying dance or music?
- Why are American and British musicians more paid than the artists from the rest of the world?
- Does it make sense to invest in your personal band?
- Every person with normal hearing can sing
- Playing bass guitar is not easier than playing 6-string electro guitar
- Music is one of the best treatments to cure mental disorders
- Can some genres like heavy metal push the children to commit suicide?
- Is gothic music focus on the topic of death?
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
- Are cell phones safe?
- They must allow the law enforcement to apply DNA profiling in criminal investigations
- People have no right to conduct medical research on animal species
- The government should participate in developing measures necessary to prevent rare species of plants/animals from extinction
- Our activity contributes to the global warming
- People alone are responsible for the high level of pollution in the atmosphere
- Should oil companies be held more accountable in terms of the oil spills?
- Can marijuana be used as a medical treatment?
- They should stop cloning animals
- Is it safe to eat genetically modified food?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- The positive outcomes of war
- Homework writing assignments are useless in elementary school
- Collecting cars or dolls is the most boring hobby in the world
- Students of any age must have permission to keep their devices on during the class
- School cafeteria serve almost poisonous food
- Colleges must provide students with the free lunches
- Money can bring happiness
- Should students do homework tasks every night?
- Why can every child have a pet?
- What has more impact - recycling or donating?
Self-Help Writing Ideas
- Improve your time management to succeed at work
- The way to dress for success
- Why is it important to be true?
- Do the embarrassing episodes make people stronger?
- Potential catastrophes make people who survive value their lives more than before
- Should people live their lives spontaneously?
- Are determination and hard work enough to be successful?
- Self-confident is the most important personal trait
- Hobbies help to continue personal growth
- Is music a stress reliever capable of decreasing depression?
Government & Politics Argumentative Paper Ideas
- Recruiters must be required to post job vacancies on a government-run website
- Why is it the responsibility of our government to shelter homeless people?
- Must the religious groups drive the state fund schools?
- Puerto Rico should become a state
- Alaska has never belonged to the United States
- Barack Obama deserves to be printed on the new US banknotes
- Justice system in the United States has to be improved
- The military budget is rather huge: it is time to reduce it!
- Is a war on drugs failure?
- Marijuana can help to achieve peace around the world
Funny & Humorous Debatable Paper Ideas
(more ideas to make your homework answers smart!)
- Blondes are not necessarily dumb
- Humorous pick-up lines work
- Do men gossip more than women?
- Why should students be allowed to drink beer at school?
- They should assign PE writing homework
- Never let your parents become your FaceBook friends/followers
- Moms can be more fun & crazy than dads
- Debatable essays are pointless
- “Family Guy” displayed “Star Wars” better than George Lucas
- Men should start wearing pink clothing
Find a bonus: 3 more good persuasive essay topics you may write about:
- Reservation casinos are beneficial if managed properly (Finances class).
- Should Scotland gain independence? (History class)
- There is no way to defend & support gay marriage (International Relations class).
The proposed list of the good persuasive speech topics gives a clear understanding of what to write about to impress a high school/college teacher or the public. Choose the topic wisely! A student must be comfortable with his choice and elaborate on it to develop a powerful thesis and defend it. Don’t forget to add a strong hook at the beginning (introduction paragraph) and end up with an impressive conclusion to make the reader want to discuss the interesting persuasive essay topics of your choice. We wish you good luck!
P.S. Keep in mind you can contact online academic writers to assist in topic selection as well as writing the whole paper from A to Z.
20 Argumentative Essay Topics For Middle School
An argumentative essay is designed to explain to your reader information about one side of an argument. It is a lot like a persuasive essay because the idea is to explain one side of an issue but the idea is to present the facts without your opinion involved. A persuasive essay would display personal opinions. So for an argumentative essay simply state which side of the issue you believe in and then give your reasoning as to why you believe it.
There are some great topics to consider when choosing a topic for your argumentative essay. You would choose a topic that interests you. Once you have the topic, answer the question and then support your answer with at least three reasons why you believe it. For example, if you take the first option on the list, you can write that sports should not be coed and then tell your reader three reasons why it shouldn’t be coed.
- Should sports be coed?
- Should schools sell fast food?
- Should students wear school uniforms?
- Should there be harsher punishments for bullying?
- Is it fair to ban preteenagers and teenagers from the mall without adult supervision?
- Should there be less homework?
- When are you old enough to stay home alone?
- Should middle school students still have a bed time?
- Does summer school benefit the student?
- How would you change the school lunch menu?
- Should school sports be mandatory?
- Do kids watch too much television?
- Should kids have chores?
- Should you have to wear your seat belt on the bus?
- Should students who play sports still have to take Gym class?
- Should children be more concerned with what they eat so that they don’t have health problems when they get older?
- Should you get a larger allowance?
- Should school be year round with more breaks to improve education?
- Do violent games and television shows make kids violent?
- Should your school have a school newspaper?
Any one of these topics would work well. They are designed to establish a question pertaining to a conflicted view and then challenge yourself to prove your stance. Therefore, you would tell your side of the dispute and then for each body paragraph talk about a different reason why you believe it.