Legal Secretary Cover Letter
The legal secretary cover letter focuses on why you are a good candidate for the job. Your cover letter should highlight the skills and abilities that qualify you as a good match for the position.
Focus on important competencies including communication skills, planning and organizing, accuracy and information collection and management.
This well-structured cover letter for legal secretary jobs clearly demonstrates why you deserve the job interview.
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Mark Stevens
Gambit and Proctor LLP
25 South Street
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Stevens
It is with considerable enthusiasm that I respond to your advertisement for a legal secretary. I am confident that my experience and competence combine to create an excellent match for this opportunity. I have highlighted my skills as they relate to your requirements.
- seven years experience providing high level support in a busy legal practice
- able to efficiently draft correspondence, process legal documents, prepare legal forms and file court documents
- proven research skills and excellent attention to detail
- experienced at coordinating and organizing large caseloads
- proficient use of solid legal knowledge base to make independent and valid decisions
- responsible for interacting professionally with clients from point of referral
- a reputation as a dedicated worker who uses her initiative and expertise to successfully complete multiple assignments within tight deadlines
I look forward to hearing from you to further discuss this opportunity. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience, please contact me via phone or email to arrange a suitable time.
Thank you for your consideration.
Send a professional resume with your cover letter for legal secretary jobs. Use the sample legal secretary resume to help you.
Find more details about legal secretary duties and skills at the comprehensive legal secretary job description
Legal Secretary Cover Letter Template
Secretarial Interview Questions
Paralegal Job Resources
Paralegal Cover Letter
Paralegal Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Legal Secretary
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Legal Secretary Cover Letter
Legal Secretaries provide assistance to lawyers and complete various clerical and administrative tasks. Common responsibilities of a Legal Secretary include liaising with partners and clients, greeting visitors, performing research, drafting legal documents, maintaining records, handling correspondence, cultivating client relationships, and keeping information confidential. Constant knowledge updating is required of these professionals in order to complete their duties at high standards.
Most cover letter examples for Legal Secretary focus on the following qualifications:
- Legal terminology knowledge
- Research skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Customer service orientation
- Meticulous attention to details
- Computer proficiency
- Experience with litigation management software
- Time management and deadline orientation
Those interested in a Legal Secretary position can check similar qualifications in the cover letter sample provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Legal Secretary Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Peterson:
Upon learning of your need for a Legal Secretary, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced legal assistant with experience providing comprehensive administrative and client support, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
My background consists of more than 10 years’ experience overseeing administrative and operational functions for senior-level attorneys. Backed by superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing exceptional organizational and time-management skills and driving optimal law office efficiency and success.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Greeting clients, managing complex calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing legal documents, conducting research, and maintaining confidential records while ensuring adherence to internal policies to realize maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven atmospheres while providing top-level interpersonal skills and maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Delivering an exceptional level of service and support while consistently completing work ahead of schedule to propel firm productivity and enhance client satisfaction.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of law office support, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.