123 Nicholls Street
Summer Valley VIC 3333
T: (00) 4412 0000
M: 0412 000 000
HR Head of Department
PO Box 000
Purpletown VIC 0000
Dear Ms Hayes
Re: HR Officer – Ref No. 123
I am sending my resume in application for the position of HR Officer at Australian Media Organisation, as advertised on the Seek website.
I am a self-motivated, efficient and diplomatic human resources professional with five years experience in the industry and I believe my strengths and skills make me a perfect fit for this position.
In my current position at National Resource Company I have demonstrated commitment to staff relations by taking the time to listen to complaints and deal with issues, resulting in a 40 per cent reduction in personal leave in my department. I am highly organised, having maintained efficiency even on accepted an extra half workload on top of my own duties.
Earlier this year I coordinated an evaluation of personnel management practices and reviewed all job descriptions against actual work being done. This resulted in employees responding favourably to having their voices heard, and to HR providing a more supportive workplace.
I received many high distinctions while studying a Human Resource Management degree and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training. While studying, I worked part time in HR assisting with payroll and recruitment. I developed a greater understanding of how Human Resource departments work and HR strategies improve efficiency and productivity.
I would like the opportunity to meet and discuss how I can contribute to the productivity and profitability of your business.
Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you.
This human resource manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Human Resources Manager Job Responsibilities:
Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Human Resources Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Human Resources Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Human Resources Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: